[Wien] lapwdm (bis)

Pavel Novak novakp at fzu.cz
Tue Sep 23 13:20:59 CEST 2003

Dear Stefaan,

using bcc Fe I checked that indeed there is a bug when calculating <X> in
lapwdm. My preliminary conclusion are:
1/ if the spin co-ordinate system is the same as crystal system everything
is OK and both methods of calculating Lz lead to the same result.
2/ for rotated co-ordinate system there is a bug when <X> is calculated
(e.g. .indmc ends with 1 3 .. Lz). Lz is still correct if calculated by
the 1st method - directly from the density matrix. Note that it must be
called as
x lapwdm -c -so -up
if instead it is called with
x lapwdm -c -so -dn
Lz would have an opposite sign.

Unfortunatelly I'll  be out of the Institute for the rest of the
week, but next week I'll put the bug on my priority list.

Pavel