[Wien] a question about Gmax and Rkmax in two system

翠玉 耿 cygeng77 at yahoo.com.cn
Tue Sep 23 14:06:03 CEST 2003

Dear prof:
Thank you very much, and I will consider your suggest.
Best regards

Peter Blaha <pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> I was dealing with TiAl system doped with one H atom, to get the H-induced bonding charge density, I must compare the system doped with H atom and the pure system. Then RMT, k-point, Kmax, and Gmax should be the same for the two systems. For example, the system doped with H: 100 k point, Ti RMT=Al RMT=2.0, Rkmax=3.5, Gmax=20, H RMT=1.0
> the pure system: 100 k point, Ti RMT=Al RMT=2.0, Rkmax=7, Gmax=20
> Is it right? Thanks in advance.

Looks ok. My only question would be: H in hydrides is different from H in
OH or CH bonds. In hydrides it is more like a H-, thus it is a fairly big
object. Is RMT 1.0 the biggest you can put?

GMAX specifies the Fourierexpansion of the charge density (and potential) in
the interstital. For systems with small H-spheres it turned out that one should
use values between 20-24 to have this series properly converged. (Usually
the standard GMAX is ok).