[Wien] Problems when running in a cluster

Martin Gelfand gelfand at lamar.ColoState.EDU
Mon Apr 5 17:51:17 CEST 2004

Dear Daniel,
  Have you been able to run any other Wien2K calculations on
the linux cluster in question?  (Or, even if you have in the past,
can you try a test case, like the TiC example, now?)
I.e., are you sure the problem is specific to this calculation,
or could it be a configuration problem that affects all calculations?
  Something else that can sometimes help is to run the specific
calculation in the foreground---just 'x lapw0' in an appropriately
initialized shell.  Since the calculation will (presumably) die
quickly you won't have to wait around long to see a hint of what's wrong.

Martin Gelfand
Dept of Physics
Colorado State University