[Wien] actual value of RKmax

Andrei Postnikov apostnik at uni-osnabrueck.de
Thu Apr 8 13:34:46 CEST 2004

Javad,

If you are serious about comparing the energies
of different systems/phases, you should of course try to increase
input RKmax in order to make sure
that the DIFFERENCE is energies you care about
has CONVERGED in RKmax (also GMax and k-mesh)
to the accuracy which is relevant to you;
once this happened, the exact input value of RKmax
is no more important.

Without such convergency, if you somehow enforce the same RKmax
for your compared phases, you'll have no guarantee how
accurate your energy difference will be.

Particularly in the volume optimization, one may sometimes get
kinks in the volume curve due to stepwise change of Kmax or Gmax
at some volumes; before comparing different phases, you should
increase the cutoffs enough to suppress such kinks.

Andrei

 +-- Dr. habil. Andrei Postnikov ----- Tel. +49-541-969.2377 -- Fax .2351 ---+
 | Universitaet Osnabrueck - Fachbereich Physik, D-49069 Osnabrueck, Germany |
 +-- apostnik at uos.de --------- http://www.home.uni-osnabrueck.de/apostnik/ --+