[Wien] How many angstroms is a a.u.?

ram kumar thapa ramkumar_thapa at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 16 10:17:17 CEST 2004

Hi Pan,
You understand that atomic unit of length  is equal to
the radius of the first orbit of the H2 atom in Bohr's
theory. Therefore  1 a.u. = 0.529 Angstrom Unit.
I hope this is what you required.
Dr.R.K.thapa
Head
Condensed Matter Research Group
Physics Department
Pachhunga University College
Mizoram University
Aizawl 796001 Mizoram India
FAX : 0389-232491
Phone :0389-2328044
E-mails : rktt at sancharnet.in, rk_thapa at mail15.com
               ramkumar_thapa at yahoo.com
Mobile :09436140523

Pan Zhijun wrote:

Hi,users of WIEN2K:
   How many angstroms is a a.u.? In the figure of
energy vs volume,the volume unit of the horizonal
coordinate is cubic a.u..I want to transform a.u.to
angstrom.I have looked up many handbooks related to
physics.But I failed to find the relation equation
between the angstrom and a.u..Anybody know the
transforming equation? Thank you in advance.

Pan Zhijun