[Wien] E vs c/a

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Wed Apr 21 10:20:29 CEST 2004

In a shell, you can write a little script using the "standard"
unix/linux tools "bc", "awk", "head", "tail", "echo", and "grep", that
from the different struct files and scf files can extract the right
information and put it into a file you can plot. It goes something like
this (in csh):

#!/bin/csh -f
set plotfile = thenameofthefile
touch $plotfile
foreach case ( list of cases )
  set abc = `head -4 $case.struct | tail -1`
  set a = `echo $abc | awk '{print $1}'`
  set c = `echo $abc | awk '{print $3}'`
  set covera = `echo "$c / $a" | bc`
  set etot = `grep :ENE $case.scf | tail -1 | awk '{print $9}'`
  echo $covera $etot >> $plotfile
end

It may have to be debugged, as I have not tested it... but after running
this, you should be able to use gnuplot to plot the result.

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.