[Wien] MPI parallelization

Griselda Garcia ggarcia at fis.puc.cl
Thu Apr 29 14:42:08 CEST 2004

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for your reply ...

 > As to why lapw1 would not run when lapw0 would ...
 > * you're sure your input is correct? (ie, x lapw1 works?)
Yes, I am sure because I have done the same calculation in serial
version and it finished ok.

 > * has the program been compiled correctly? As many recent e-mails
show, it's lapw1 which is tricky ...
The compilation has been correct, neither errors or warnings were obtained.

 > * maybe sth in the setup of your cluster affects lapw1 but not lapw0
(can't think of anything, though)
I do not know ... I will talk again with the sys. adm..

 > Could you confirm that lapw1 HAS actually crashed? ie, that the
partial error files contain an error
 > message, that the output is clearly not complete ... It seems it
takes the machine about 2 seconds to
 > crash, which is not much but enough for a simple test case.
Yes, lapw1 has actually crashed ... I do not have partial error files
 ... if I run just the mpi version of lapw1 even with the machines that
I showed in my previous mail, I have;

[griselda at clustersvr sd_v2]$ lapw1c_mpi uplapw1.def
 Using            1  processors, My ID =            0

If I run the script runsp_lapw -p and verify the def and error files
inthe work dir,  I have:
[griselda at clustersvr sd_v2]$ runsp_lapw -p &
[1] 2871
FORTRAN STOP  LAPW0 END
FORTRAN STOP  LAPW0 END
FORTRAN STOP  LAPW0 END
FORTRAN STOP  LAPW0 END
FORTRAN STOP  LAPW0 END
FORTRAN STOP  LAPW0 END
FORTRAN STOP  LAPW0 END
FORTRAN STOP  LAPW0 END
FORTRAN STOP  LAPW0 END
FORTRAN STOP  LAPW0 END
FORTRAN STOP  LAPW0 END
FORTRAN STOP  LAPW0 END
FORTRAN STOP  LAPW0 END
FORTRAN STOP  LAPW0 END
FORTRAN STOP  LAPW0 END
FORTRAN STOP  LAPW0 END
FORTRAN STOP  LAPW0 END
cat: No match.

[1]+  Exit 1                  runsp_lapw -p

[griselda at clustersvr sd_v2]$ ls *.def *.error
lapw0.def  lapw0.error  uplapw1_1.def  uplapw1.def  uplapw1.error

The cluster is configured in such a way that each node mount the server
home directory using NFS, is it right doing that?
Which things should the sys adm verify in the set up of the cluster to
get WIEN running?

Thanks a lot!!

Griselda.