[Wien] MPI parallelization

Renate Dohmen INF dohmen at rzg.mpg.de
Fri Apr 30 10:46:54 CEST 2004

Hi, Griselda,

I followed your discussion concerning the problems with the parallel
version. I am working with the MPI version, too, and would like
to know whether you get some output in (case).output1_1 or
(case).output. What does it look like? I assume that the problem
lies in the fact that you try to use 18 processors and the
ScaLAPACK/blacs has problems with non-power-2 numbers of processors.
But this is only a guess. The output in (case).output1_1 could give
us some information on this. Can you have a try with 16 processors,
i.e. 8 machines?

Regards,
Renate Dohmen

Dr. Renate Dohmen