[Wien] Port option of mini

L. D. Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Wed Aug 11 13:11:07 CEST 2004

It's hard to be certain without looking at the case.outputM file. How
large is the force tolerance in the 1st line of case.inM, and are you
using "1" for all the multipliers?

The routine can also terminate if it is unable to find a better point due
to too large RMT's or inappropriate calculation parameters. Remember, it
is optimizing the energy (not the force) and if, for instance, you have
only 1 k-point and a large R0 the forces may not track correctly with the
energy, or the energy might not be converging well (oscillations).

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Michael Gurnett wrote:

> I am still experiencing problems in which mini using the port option
> finishes stating that the forces are small even though forces (FGL) are
> around 5 and 6. I would like to know if this is a problem with port or if
> I'm doing something wrong.
>
> Michael

Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall