[Wien] DOS : missing electrons

Abir De Sarkar sarkar at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Thu Aug 12 16:23:08 CEST 2004

Dear Stefaan,

Yes, I had taken multiplicity into account. The partial DOS is
multiplied by the multiplicity of the atom concerned by the tetra
program. The sum-total of the partial DOS over all the constituent atoms
agrees with the total DOS calculated. Its highly likely that the tetra
program does something nasty, which is reflected in the missing
electrons in the specified energy interval. However, the systems like Ru
bulk, RuO2 bulk, Ru(0001) surface are perfectly alright. We are
confronted with this weird problem of "missing electrons" when we
consider O and CO co-adsorbed on RuO2(110) surface.

Abir

Dr. Abir De Sarkar
Fritz-Haber-Institut der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft,
Abteilung Theorie (Theory Department), Office : T 1.03
Faradayweg 4-6, D-14195 Berlin (Germany)
             (http://www.fhi-berlin.mpg.de/th)
e-mail : sarkar at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
PHONE: +49 30 8413 4852          FAX: +49 30 8413 4701
WWW : http://www.fhi-berlin.mpg.de/th/member/desarkar_a.html
      http://www.fhi-berlin.mpg.de/th/reuter/catalysis.html