[Wien] error while loading shared libraries

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon Aug 16 09:40:47 CEST 2004

> Kindly, I have installed the MKL library on "/usr/local/intel/mkl70".
> During the compilation, I change the Linker option appropriate for
> this (non-default) path.
> Running the program for non-parallel case is ok. But, when I run for
> k-point parallel case, the following message appears:
>
>  LAPW0 END
> lapw1: error while loading shared libraries: libguide.so: cannot open

Did you compile with the proper options? For instance:

     O   Compiler options:        -FR -mp -w
     L   Linker Flags:            -L../SRC_lib -
L/opt/intel/mkl70/lib/32 -Vaxlib
 -static
     P   Preprocessor flags       '-DParallel'
     R   R_LIB (LAPACK+BLAS):     -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_ia32 -lguide -
lpthread

In the linker flags, you should put the path to your own mkl. The
static option is essential for this libguide problem as well (if you
omit static, it will search for this library dynamically on all your
machines, and probably you have installed mkl only on the machine on
which you compile).

Stefaan