[Wien] error while loading shared libraries

Mahmoud Payami mpayami at aeoi.org.ir
Tue Aug 17 13:44:53 CEST 2004

Dears Kevin, Laurence, Torsten, Stefaan, and Jeff Spirko,

Many thanks to all your comments. My problem was solved just by installing
"glibc" as Jeff Spirko was suggested:

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 06:55:57AM +0200, Brnr Dmytry wrote:
> >ifc -o ./afminput afminput.o -L../SRC_lib -Vaxlib -static
> >ld: cannot find -lm
> >make: *** [afminput] Error 1

> My feeling is that this message connected with wrong parameters in
> linking. Could somebody advice me what to do?

> Sincerely, Dima Brener

Do you have the file /usr/lib/libm.a?  This is the static version of
the math library.  If you don't have it, you may need to install
some development libraries.  On my Red Hat system, it's the package
glibc-devel.

--
Jeff Spirko   spirko at lehigh.edu   spirko at yahoo.com   WD3V   |=>

The study of non-linear physics is like the study of non-elephant biology.

> I recently had problems compiling wien due to incompatibilities between
ifc7 (and later) and redhat 9 (it's something about glibc to be more
precise).
> Downgrading glibc is not recommended.  I've seen some patch mentioned
somewhere, but haven't tried it (not sure it's real anyway).
> Anyway, dynamic linking is still possible.  I have mkl installed in only
one directory, but it is nfs mounted on all machines.  I use options

> LDFLAGS =  -L../SRC_lib -L/opt/intel/mkl60/lib/32  -Vaxlib -i_dynamic
> R_LIBS = -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_ia32  -lguide -lpthread
>
> compiler is ifc70.  The Vaxlib is only necessary because wien needs its
getarg.  You can use the i_dynamic for other software compilation as well.

> This works for me.
>
> Since ifc people claim to support redhat, I suppose they'll fix things
sooner or (more probably) later.

> good luck,
>
> Kevin.

So