[Wien] OMP abort: stack overflow detected

Mahmoud Payami mpayami at aeoi.org.ir
Thu Aug 26 11:46:11 CEST 2004

Dear Wien Users,

I used ifort8+gcc+mkl70 with RH_10 to compile the new version Wien2k_04.8 on P4, 3.2GHz with 1GB RAM. Compilation was OK.
Using the default values for NMATMAX (5000) and NUME (1000), I encountered the "stack overflow" problem for the TiC example.
However, when I decreased them (for all programs) to 2000 and 500, respectively, the TiC example was successfully performed.
So, in the new version the "mixer" problem  I had before is fixed. But for parallel TiC, I get the following message complaining for stack and ifcor_meesage_cat:
------------------------------
 LAPW0 END
 LAPW1 END

real  0m3.009s
user  0m2.155s
sys   0m0.440s
 LAPW1 END

real  0m2.826s
user  0m2.020s
sys   0m0.460s
Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
/usr/X11R6/bin/xauth:  error in locking authority file /home/mahmoud/.Xauthority
Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
/usr/X11R6/bin/xauth:  error in locking authority file /home/mahmoud/.Xauthority
 LAPW1 END

real  0m0.332s
user  0m0.257s
sys   0m0.063s
 LAPW1 END

real  0m0.326s
user  0m0.268s
sys   0m0.057s
 LAPW1 END

real  0m0.348s
user  0m0.265s
sys   0m0.057s
 LAPW1 END

real  0m0.346s
user  0m0.260s
sys   0m0.060s
 LAPW1 END

real  0m26.922s
user  0m1.504s
sys   0m0.454s
 LAPW1 END

real  0m24.894s
user  0m1.520s
sys   0m0.430s
 LAPW1 END

real  0m24.765s
user  0m1.665s
sys   0m0.432s
 LAPW1 END

real  0m22.891s
user  0m1.582s
sys   0m0.464s
 LAPW1 END

real  0m23.227s
user  0m1.692s
sys   0m0.451s
 LAPW1 END

real  0m20.655s
user  0m1.558s
sys   0m0.422s
 LAPW1 END

real  0m20.854s
user  0m1.631s
sys   0m0.409s
 LAPW1 END

real  0m18.644s
user  0m1.648s
sys   0m0.415s
 LAPW1 END

real  0m4.926s
user  0m0.253s
sys   0m0.064s
LAPW2 - FERMI; weighs written
 LAPW2 END

real  0m1.105s
user  0m0.897s
sys   0m0.105s
 LAPW2 END

real  0m1.042s
user  0m0.877s
sys   0m0.117s
Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
/usr/X11R6/bin/xauth:  error in locking authority file /home/mahmoud/.Xauthority
 LAPW2 END

real  0m0.187s
user  0m0.106s
sys   0m0.052s
 LAPW2 END

real  0m0.158s
user  0m0.093s
sys   0m0.050s
 LAPW2 END

real  0m0.226s
user  0m0.118s
sys   0m0.059s
 LAPW2 END

real  0m0.169s
user  0m0.098s
sys   0m0.047s
 LAPW2 END

real  0m0.196s
user  0m0.100s
sys   0m0.047s
OMP abort: stack overflow detected (address = 0xfeddfec8) for OpenMP thread #0!

forrtl: info: Fortran error message number is 76.
forrtl: warning: Could not open message catalog: ifcore_msg.cat.
forrtl: info: Check environment variable NLSPATH and protection of /usr/lib/ifcore_msg.cat.

real  0m22.454s
user  0m0.022s
sys   0m0.032s
 LAPW2 END

real  1m14.266s
user  0m0.814s
sys   0m0.259s
 LAPW2 END

real  1m11.441s
user  0m0.800s
sys   0m0.289s
 LAPW2 END

real  1m10.934s
user  0m0.845s
sys   0m0.333s
 LAPW2 END

real  1m9.277s
user  0m0.870s
sys   0m0.345s
 LAPW2 END

real  1m9.222s
user  0m1.093s
sys   0m0.309s
 LAPW2 END

real  1m14.892s
user  0m0.806s
sys   0m0.240s
 LAPW2 END

real  1m7.358s
user  0m1.085s
sys   0m0.316s
cp: cannot stat `.in.tmp': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `.in.tmp': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `.in.tmp1': No such file or directory

I do not know how can I fix it.

Any suggestions is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Mahmoud Payami