[Wien] to all TELNES users

L. D. Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Mon Aug 30 15:56:21 CEST 2004

I have not used the TELNES code (yet). My biggest concerns (wish list)
would be:
a) Addition of bloch-wave code to correctly include dynamical diffraction
effects; even a projected potential approximation might be useful.
b) Are the directional selection rules, including breakdown of the dipole
approximation correctly included?
c) Low-loss (plasmon/dielectric function) code.

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Jorissen Kevin wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> we've all been using the TELNES program for many years now, and I feel the time is right to have an update, fixing a few little things and including new features.  I would like to do this in the near future, in correspondence with C. Hebert, J. Luitz and P. Schattschneider of the Vienna group that originally contributed the program.
>
> I'd like to ask for input from all of you.  Do  you have any ideas - things that annoy you in the present version of the program, features you like to see included (both of technical and physical nature), or, even better, features you have implemented yourself and would like to share with the world?  We have quite a few ideas ourselves, but maybe you have something we haven't thought of.
>

> Though there tends to be little TELNES related communication on the ML, there are definitely many users, and it would be very good to receive some feedback from many of you.  Perhaps it's best if you send your comments to me directly at kevin.jorissen at ua.ac.be  (I read the ML though and will certainly find your suggestions there as well).
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Kevin.

Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall