[Wien] to all TELNES users

Pavel Novak novakp at fzu.cz
Mon Aug 30 16:54:21 CEST 2004

Dear colleagues,

let me to contribute to the discussion. We participate on a new EU project
CHIRALTEM (coordinator Peter Schattschneider) where we should generalize
the TELNES program for the more complicated case when the symmetry in a
magnetic system is broken by the spin-orbit coupling. We are starting just
now with reprogramming the TELNES (that I never touched before). My first
impression is that indeed the present implementation is not optimal. It
would be probably more effective to use instead of LAPW2(QTL) the program
QTL. Then there is no need to use the whole Brillouin zone as QTL
performs the symmetrization. Also the atoms for ELNES may be selected.
I hope that, providing no unexpected obstacles will appear, we'll finish
the reprogramming during September-October.

Regards
Pavel Novak