[Wien] little fortran question

koitzsch Christian.Koitzsch at gmx.ch
Tue Aug 31 13:31:21 CEST 2004

Hi Everybody,

I have a question, which is not so much Wien-related but more a question to somebody that knows Fortran well. I hope you don't mind if we abuse the mailing list for that, I just hoped some of you might know the answer to our problem, we would really appreciate that.

I am trying to transfer an old scattering code from VAX to Linux. Upon compilation with f77 the comiler complains about common block formats:
"Padding of 4 bytes required in common block -consider reordering members, largest-type-size first"

Does anybody of you know what I can do about that?

Thanks a lot

Christian Koitzsch

Université de Neuchâtel
Institut de Physique