[Wien] wien2k_4 installation

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Dec 2 23:05:00 CET 2004

> When I start installation of WIEN2k_4 using 'siteconfig' with Linux
> (Intel ifort 8.1 compiler + mkl 7.0 ), the following communication
> arrise: "Please note: At present static executables are not possible
> with the current ifort 8.1 version. You must have proper LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> on all your machines".
> What I have to do for the correct installation of WIEN2k_4 taking into
> account this communication?

This is just an information.

Wie ifc7.1 we could produce a static executable, i.e. an executable which
one could transfer to another (equivalent) machine and it would run there.

With ifort8.1 you cannot do that anymore, but you must be certain that on
all machines you intend to run WIEN2k, the compilers+libraries are
installed too (or at least you have access to the libraries in a path
specified in the LD.. variable.