[Wien] XCrysDen does not open

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Fri Dec 3 15:52:56 CET 2004

Dear Mr. Osuchowski,

Sergiusz Osuchowski wrote:
> Hi Wien users,
> i'm new to wien and i have problem with opening xcrysden when calculating
> band structure. Xcrysden simply doesn't open. It works when i use command
> line, but i don't know how to set it correctly to give me right files
> with k-mesh for wien (the one i get is not the same as one obtained from
> xcrysden started by wien).
> $PATH seems to be correct (although some directories are there twice)

you probably need to write "xhost +xxx.yyy.zzz" on the machine you are
working on, where xxx.yyy.zzz is the name of the machine serving you the
  xcrysden.

> Sincerely,
>
 >--
 >Sergiusz Osuchowski
 >

 >ps. is it normal that i get only wien weekly digest and no other mail ?

Depends on what you have subscribed to. If you have subscribed to the
digest, yes. Otherwise no.

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.

--
Dr. Torsten Andersen        TA-web: http://deep.at/myspace/
AG Hübner, Department of Physics, Kaiserslautern University

Symposium on Excited-state properties of solids, Mannheim 2005:
See: http://cmt.physik.uni-kl.de/Circular1.pdf