[Wien] Intel compiler/libraries

Kris Harris kjharris at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Dec 9 22:16:07 CET 2004

Hello, unfortunately I need some assistance compiling Wien. I've managed
to get it running on athlons (with ATLAS) but I've not had any luck
getting the thing running on intel processors with the mkl libraries.

I compiled with ifc/icc 7.1 and mkl 6.1 under redhat 9 (with the patch for
glibc-handshake from Wien FAQ). The compile options used are:

    Current settings:
      O   Compiler options:        -FR -mp -w
      L   Linker Flags:            -L../SRC_lib -L/opt/intel/mkl61/lib/32
-Vaxlib -static-libcxa
      P   Preprocessor flags       '-DParallel'
      R   R_LIB (LAPACK+BLAS):     -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_ia32 -lguide
-lpthread

(It complains about pthread calls if I try and compile all static)

and under this system, it compiles without any errors (if I grep all
compile.msg for errors, the only ones are in SRC_lib but I'm not linking
to these so I don't think this is a problem, I think they are just
remnants from old compile runs)

So it seems to compile without problems, but when I try to run the
benchmark test case, I get FORTRAN STOP LAPW1 - Error
and in the file lapw.error, I see
  'INILPW' - can't open unit:  5
  'INILPW' -        filename: tsts.in1c
  'INILPW' -          status: old          form: formatted
  'LAPW1' - INILPW aborted unsuccessfully.

I'm not sure at what point it fails to try and debug. Any comments? I'd
really appreciate some help with this.

Thanks in advance,
 		Kris Harris

kjharris at sdf.lonestar.org