[Wien] Intel compiler/libraries

fecher fecher at mail.uni-mainz.de
Fri Dec 10 10:05:39 CET 2004

On several Suse distributions, I found that there is a library
libpthread_nonshared (in /usr/lib or similar),
and I succeeded to compile and run Wien with the switch -lpthread_nonshared
probably you have to give -lguide -lpthread -lpthread_nonshared
for both L and R
with -lpthread_nonshared on Suse Systems there is no need to use the patch
from the FAQ.
However, I do not know whether that works on Redhat, too.

The Linker Flag L should be -Vaxlib -static -..... to link the compatibility
library statically.

The mkl libraries use different versions of libguide, so it seems that some
are not compatible to each other, and it depends strongly what combination of
mkl and ifc, or ifort one is using. E.g. fot the latest version it seems that
libguide of mkl 7.0.1 is compatible to ifort 8.1 but not mkl7.0.
Unfortunately, I do not know about all small versions.

It seems also that some parts of the mkl are a little overoptimized.

Good luck
Ciao Gerhard