[Wien] Frozen cores

L. D. Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Sun Dec 12 18:54:21 CET 2004

I'd like to freeze the core electrons, for instance set them at the CLM's
of a pure bulk material then do a surface calculation so I can estimate
the magnitude of core polarization contributions to the energies and
mimic what a pseudopotential calculation would give for comparison. I can
think of a way via hacking the case.clmcor and case.scfc to approximate
this, but it won't get the correct energies of the cores in the valence
electron potential field. Anyone have a better suggestion?

Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2225 N Campus Drive
Northwestern University