[Wien] Error in lapw2

Nandan Tandon nandan at physics.unipune.ernet.in
Wed Dec 15 05:54:05 CET 2004

Dear Torsten Andersen,

Sorry for not writing earlier but i was not in town. You have mentioned
that this problem disappears when you do k-point
parallelization, but since i want to use a Monkhorst Mesh i cannot try
that, since i attach the k-list at the bottom of the case.in1c file. I
will ofcourse try changing the compiler optimizations.
Thank you,

Nandan.

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Torsten Andersen wrote:

> Dear Nandan,
>
> yes, this looks strange. If I remember correctly, NUME is per k-point,
> so increasing the number of k-points should not make a difference.
>
> However, I have occationally had a problem with lapw2 for increasing
> number of k-points. The problem disappears when I reduce the
> optimization in the compiler. You might try that as well (first -O0 to
> check if it disappears without optimization, then higher levels). The
> problem also disappears when I k-point parallelize...
>
> Best regards,
> Torsten Andersen.

Nandan Tandon
Research Student
Department of Physics,
University of Pune
Pune-411007                             Tel.(O)5692678 ext 426
MAHARASHTRA, INDIA.