[Wien] re:error in lapw1(allocate error)

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Mon Dec 20 09:06:47 CET 2004

Dear Kong Shi,

It is recommended to "upgrade" to 5200-03 (04 is too unstable to my
taste, as is 01 if you also use the computer for other programs than
WIEN). If you are managing the system yourself, go to
http://www-912.ibm.com/eserver/support/fixes/fcgui.jsp , where you are
guided through... select maintenance levels and from 01 to 03.

-q32 would conflict with the number of plane waves, I think... try -q64,
since your system IS a 64-bit system. You can change the bootinfo
somewhere in the system setup, but I don't remember where. Independently
of what bootinfo gives you, 64-bit objects should run without problems
and with better performance than 32-bit objects.

Of course I would recommend you to try compiling with -q64 (both in the
compiler options AND the linker options, otherwise the linker will give
you problems) before updating the operating system.

I hope this can solve your problem. You should also (when you get it
running) monitor the <case>.scf file to see if NMATMAX is big enough.

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.

--
Dr. Torsten Andersen        TA-web: http://deep.at/myspace/
AG Hübner, Department of Physics, Kaiserslautern University

Symposium on Excited-state properties of solids, Mannheim 2005:
See: http://cmt.physik.uni-kl.de/XSM05/