[Wien] spaghetti problem in over 10 case.klist_band_* parallel calculation

Hongming Weng whoming at sohu.com
Wed Dec 29 10:07:40 CET 2004

Dear all,

        I have found the key to this problem!
        In x script, this line "grep -ce "^[0-9] :" .processes" can only count the line looks like
1 : compute-0-8 :  4 : 1 : 1
2 : compute-0-8 :  4 : 1 : 2
3 : compute-0-9 :  4 : 1 : 3
4 : compute-0-9 :  4 : 1 : 4
and do not take the line
10 : compute-0-20 :  4 : 1 : 10
11 : compute-0-20 :  4 : 1 : 11
into account.
      So I have changed "grep -ce "^[0-9] :" .processes"  to
                                   "grep -ce "^[0-9][0-9] :" .processes"
and add 0 to the first nine lines in .processes:
01 : compute-0-8 :  4 : 1 : 1
02 : compute-0-8 :  4 : 1 : 2
      Now it is OK!
      I hope some one familar with the regular expression or shell script to give a better way for solving this problem!

Yours,
Hongming Weng