[Wien] character of the state in band structure

Sherif Yehia wien542002 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 29 17:36:58 CET 2004

Dear Wien2k  user

       I have very simple question regarding
``band-character plotting``
Which as it say in the user guide “energy is drawn by
a circle whose   radius is proportional to the
specified character of that state”
    I am not able to understand (Pl forgive my limited
experience  with band structure) This phrase specially
“character of the state”.
 So my two questions are
  1-Is it the projection of the state?
  2-Are there is any relation between peaks in DOS
for
   a given state and those character for that state in

   band structure.
    I hope I  can get some help  regarding this matter
   Thank very much for your time and effort

Happy new year to all

   Sherif Yehia