[Wien] question about executables

Jorissen Kevin Kevin.Jorissen at ua.ac.be
Mon Feb 2 10:51:57 CET 2004

I don't think wien imposes its own file size limits.
Maybe a trick (to keep working until you understand the problem) is the following :
use a parallel calculation (even when you're just running on one machine - then specify only the name of this machine in the machines file), but increase the granularity parameter.  This will distribute your data over more files, so you'll have smaller files.
Just use a file .machines :
1:localhost
granularity:3     (or even more, if necessary)

and run_lapw -p.

good luck,

Kevin.