[Wien] Problem for convergence

Sun Yiyang scip0105 at nus.edu.sg
Tue Feb 17 09:01:59 CET 2004

Oh, I think Zhong is conducting cohesive energy calculations.
So the Ni atom is putting in a large vacuum box (somewhat a "large" system)
to get the total-energy for the isolated atom. I guess he's using only the Gamma point.

I'm new to WIEN2k, but I did encounter the same problem when I was using
a pseudopotential package. I recall that, after adjusting some parameters that
controll the charge density mixing, my calculation converged. There should be
equivalent parameters in WIEN2k. A simple mixing scheme, such as linear mixing,
may help on this system.

Sun Yiyang
Department of Physics
National Unviersity of Singapore