[Wien] Stoner paprameter

georg at chem.au.dk georg at chem.au.dk
Thu Feb 26 14:40:46 CET 2004

You have actually asked exactly the same question once before.

 Georg

In the archives:

Igor Mazin <mazin at dave.nrl.navy.mil>
submitted the following contribution:
====

The only way is to make fixed-spin-moment calculations and then fit them
with the stoner formula,
Delta E=(M2/4)(1/N-I), where N is the nonmagnetic DOS per spin,
M is the fixed spin moment. I found that for small M's, M \lessim 0.1,
the Energy calculated by WIEN2k is noisy (as opposed to my earlier
experience with WIEN-97,
but I have not done systematic tests), so I either use the field,
that is, EF_up-EF_dn, which is the derivative of E, namely
(M/2)(1/N-I), or use Andersen's extended Stoner formula (see Krasko,
Phys. Rev. B, around 1985, and refs therein), which allows
to use M's up to 1 uB.

Good luck,
Igor

P.S. Note I always speak about the TOTAL Stoner factor, which for compounds
is defined as (I_A N_A2+I_B N_B2+...)/N2

Quoting music at theory.issp.ac.cn: