[Wien] Parallel compile errors (alpha and linux)

Michael Mayo mlmayo at texas.net
Sat Jan 17 14:53:42 CET 2004

Dear Wien group,

I'm attempting to compile the parallel binaries, Wien2k_03, on both the
alpha-True64UNIX and Intel-Linux platforms(Compaq Fortran 5.5 and PGI
Cluster Development Kit v4.1-2 respectively) and I'm getting similar
unresolved symbol errors on both platforms. Linking of the Compaq(alpha)
parallel libraries is done via -ldxmlp and linking for the
PGI(Intel-Linux) parallel libraries is done via -Mscalapack. I've also
tried linking to my own compiled SCALAPACK, BLACS, PBLAS etc by pointing
to the correct directories and using -lscalapack -lpblas, etc. and I get
the same unresolved symbol errors. Compiler switches for Compaq Fortran
are...
f90 -mp -O -convert big_endian -free
and for the PGI compiler...
mpif90 -Mfreeform -fast -Kieee
Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Michael Mayo
Department of Physics
University of Texas at Arlington

Error message from the alpha compile follows (Linux is similar)

Unresolved:
pdgemr2d_
sl_init_
descinit_
blacs_gridinfo_
numroc_
slenable_
slcombine_
slboot_
sltimer_
pdlared1d_
pxerbla_
pdsytrd_
pdstein_
pdstebz_
pdormtr_
pdlascl_
pdelget_
pchk2mat_
pchk1mat_
igamn2d_
dgebs2d_
dgebr2d_
chk1mat_
pdlansy_
pdlamch_
indxg2p_
iceil_
pzunmtr_
pzstein_
pzlascl_
pzhetrd_
pzelget_
pzlanhe_
pdtrsm_
pdsyevx_
pdsygst_
pdpotrf_
pdtrmr2d_
pdgemm_
pdsyr2k_
pdsymm_
pzsyr2k_
pzher2k_
pzgemm_
f90: Severe: Failed while trying to link.
*** Exit 1
Stop.
*** Exit 1
Stop.