[Wien] Spin orbit coupling

farzad ahmadian mv_farzad at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 08:03:57 CET 2004

Dear wien users
I add the spin orbit coupling on the E-V curve of a case .the total energy of the E-V in presense of S-O coupling is upeer than one in the absence of this effect and difference between  the lattice parameter in presence of the S-O coupling is higher than this differency in the absence of this effect( whithin the GGA approximation )  .
I have a question ,if the lattice parameter in the presense of S-O coupling  should be near the experimental lattice parameter in comparison with the one in the absense of this effect .
Thank you
Farzad