[Wien] Completeness of the basis set

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Tue Jan 20 10:29:22 CET 2004

Dear Wien users and programmers,

it maybe a crazy question, but I would like to know if there is some
kind of measure of the completeness of the basis set?

I can find measures of the orthogonality - but they are also rather easy
to do, but if I want to "converge" the basis set, I would like to know
if there is any way to determine how well converged it is, or would I
have to infer it from the changes to the total energy?

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen

--
Dr. Torsten Andersen                     TA-web: http://deep.at/myspace/
AG Hübner, Department of Physics, Kaiserslautern University, and