[Wien] convergence of Bader (aim) calculations

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jul 1 09:45:49 CEST 2004

In terms of aim, there are two different meanings of "accuracy":

a) An scf charge density depends of course to some extend on RKmax, RMT,
k-points,.... and of course on the xc potential. So indirectly, your Bader
results depend on them, however,

b) for a given clmsum file the Bader charges should give you a neutral charge.
So a main problem seems the integration with aim, and this can only be
solved (maybe) with more theta/phi rays (and maybe by choosing more points
in the interstital integration).

So work on a) when your K-charge is changing too much with RKmax,...
but on b) when the integration does not sum to zero.