[Wien] Using Monkhorst mesh for SCF

Jorissen Kevin Kevin.Jorissen at ua.ac.be
Thu Jul 1 11:34:02 CEST 2004

You can always define your own k-mesh  instead of using kgen, and make your own .kgen and .list files, or add k-points to case.in1.  You'll find some info about this in the UG, I believe.  It's the same as using a special mesh for bandstructure plotting, only now you change the mesh before and not after SCF.

Kgen prepares only one kind of k-meshes (unless you go into the code ... I think it's possible to switch of some sort of correction there which effectively reduces the method to an older, less accurate method ...  But I cannot remember how to do this, and what the result will be).

Kevin.