[Wien] VLM's (very large matrices)

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Fri Jul 2 09:25:10 CEST 2004

Dear Kevin,

you are not stating what system that is... if it is opteron, you might
want to have a look at a 64-bit compiler (I think Sun, PGI, and NAG have
some). It is the "good old-fashioned 32-bit limit" you ran into. We
previously had this problem also with the vector files...

Best regards,
Torsten.

Jorissen Kevin wrote:
> Thanks.  This is obviously true.  I was merely trying to make the best of our current configuration.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin.

Dr. Torsten Andersen        TA-web: http://deep.at/myspace/
AG Hübner, Department of Physics, Kaiserslautern University
http://cmt.physik.uni-kl.de    http://www.physik.uni-kl.de/