[Wien] Segmentation Fault in lapw0

Sam Leitch sam.l at usask.ca
Mon Jul 5 23:46:19 CEST 2004

So far, I've only used the recommended options for linuxifc (save fixing
the library information)

   Current settings:
     O   Compiler options:        -FR -mp -w
     L   Linker Flags:            -L../SRC_lib -L/opt/intel/mkl70/lib/32
-Vaxlib -static
     P   Preprocessor flags       '-DParallel'
     R   R_LIB (LAPACK+BLAS):     -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_ia32 -lguide -lpthread

I've also tried using the -static option, since I've read that it can
cause problems.

I'm now looking for options that can keep SegFaults happening in large
arrays.

Fred Nastos wrote:

>>In July 5, 2004 04:59 pm, Sam Leitch wrote:
>>I keep getting a "Segmentation Fault" in lapw0
>>
>>I've compiled using intel fortran compiler 8.0 and mkl 7.0
>>(I've tried mkl 6.1, and ifc 7.1, but ifc 7.1 won't work with libc2.3)
>>

>ifort (i.e. intel 8.0) uses a lot of stack space (for reasons we will
>probabaly never know).  What compiler options did you use?
>Try setting your stack size limit higher. To do this, if you are using
>bash, type
>	ulimit -s unlimited
>
>For more information, see http://www.google.ca/search?q=ifort+segmentation

Sam Leitch
Graduate Student
Department of Physics and Engineering Physics
University of Saskatchewan