[Wien] Problem with pbs queunig system

Marco Schowalter Marco.Schowalter at ua.ac.be
Fri Jul 9 09:15:15 CEST 2004

Dear Prof. Blaha,

thank you for the answer. We solved the problem, indeed you were right,
the system is not well installed. Because the there was no csh and wc on
the computing nodes installed. The trick with /bin/tcsh I already had
tried, but then I ended up with the wc problem. Anyhow, the problem is
solved, thanks a lot.

Marco

Peter Blaha wrote:
>>we want to run wien under the pbs queuing system. Therefore we
>>downloaded the script, which is offered on the faq page. When I start it
>>with a short test case, everything works fine, beside of the run_lapw
>>command. I could find the following error message:
>>
>>"/bin/csh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory"
>>
>>But if I copy the /bin/csh command to a shell and execute it that I end
>>up in the csh. That means that this file definitively exists. In general
>>I can execute bash, sh, tcsh skripts, but not csh, python or wc. Does
>>anybody have an idea what the problem could be ? Thanks a lot for every hint
>

> A badly installed system, or some path which is not set properly.
>
> Anyway, you may test and put /bin/tcsh in the first line of all the
> scripts. It should not hurt for WIEN2k and maybe you do have a tcsh.
>

>                                       P.Blaha

---------------------------------
Dr. Marco Schowalter
Theoretical Study of Matter