[Wien] bandstructure!

Andrzej Kole¿yñski kolezyn at uci.agh.edu.pl
Mon Jul 12 16:49:47 CEST 2004

I have done import of the bandstructure data to Excel and Origin without any problem and had the same (at least I didn't noticed any difference) picture like the one plotted by Wien2k.

From which file have you imported spaghetti data?  The data you need are written in file case.spaghetti_ene. There are 5 columns in this file with data for all bands, first 3 columns are k vectors coordinates, 4th is the distance between k points (as far as I remember it is taken as distance between following k point in cartesian coordinates - the change in distance means changing direction in k-space starting from given k-point - usually one of the special points and for this k vector in Wien2k vertical line is plotted at bandstructure plot), and the last column give you the values of respective energies. So basically you need only column 4 and 5 to make bandstructure plot :).
If you need band character you can take data from file case.qtl  (after running lapw2 -qtl) or directly from files help.0XX - but the data stored there demand some extra work (to collect partial charges written separately for every band in every k-point with some weight), which is done by lapw2 with qtl option.

Regards,

Andrzej Kolezynski
Faculty of Materials Science and Ceramics
AGH University of Science and Technology
Cracow, POLAND