[Wien] ** LAPW1 crashed!

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Wed Jul 14 08:55:32 CEST 2004

Dear Dr. Zhou,

since it happens already in lapw1c, it has nothing to do with mini, I
think. You should get this error also without mini.

But since you are using SUN Workshop... are you sure you have a
consistent installation of SUNWs and the compilers? And if so, what
happens when you change compiler options (in some Sun compilers, as well
as in other compilers, the default optimisation level is buggy, so
changing from -O2 to -O5 or -O0 could work)? And if the same happens,
what happens when you do it on another architecture (PC, IBM, etc.)

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.

Bing Zhou wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> My mini_lapw was stopped, and the following message was given, could you
> please let me know what is wrong?
>

> ld.so.1: lapw1c: fatal: relocation error: file
> /central/SUNWspro/prod/lib/cpu/sparcv9+vis2/libsunperf_mt_isa.so.4: symbol__mt_MasterFunction_: referenced symbol not found
> ld.so.1: lapw1c: fatal: relocation error: file
> /central/SUNWspro/prod/lib/cpu/sparcv9+vis2/libsunperf_mt_isa.so.4: symbol__mt_MasterFunction_: referenced symbol not found
> ld.so.1: lapw1c: fatal: relocation error: file
> /central/SUNWspro/prod/lib/cpu/sparcv9+vis2/libsunperf_mt_isa.so.4: symbol__mt_MasterFunction_: referenced symbol not found
> ld.so.1: lapw1c: fatal: relocation error: file
> /central/SUNWspro/prod/lib/cpu/sparcv9+vis2/libsunperf_mt_isa.so.4: symbol__mt_MasterFunction_: referenced symbol not found
>

> Thank you advance!
>

> Bing Zhou
> Dept. of Geol. Sc.
> The Univ. of Manitoba
> Canada R3T 2N2
> Tel: (204)474-8395

Dr. Torsten Andersen        TA-web: http://deep.at/myspace/
AG Hübner, Department of Physics, Kaiserslautern University
http://cmt.physik.uni-kl.de    http://www.physik.uni-kl.de/