[Wien] Character Plotting

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jul 21 08:30:29 CEST 2004

> I'm plotting Bands.  Specifically i want to do character plots.  It
> seems i can do character plotting (with dark thick lines!, options 2
> &3) but i would like to use dots (dots, option 0, shows up as thick
> lines also);  I would like it to be nice and pretty, like TiC - t2g
> Bands.
You cannot use "dots" and character plots. You must use
"lines with empty/full spheres". If you use "empty spheres" it should not
produce very dark lines. You can control the size (radius of spheres) by
the size parameter (same line where you specify atom and type of
"character".

If it still gives too dark lines, it might be because your k-mesh is too
dense ? Try a less dense mesh, so that the spheres do not completely
overlap anymore.

> I had fun at WIEN2k workshop
Nice to hear!