[Wien] SP+SO calculation

Shunli Shang S.Shang at tnw.tudelft.nl
Wed Jul 21 14:05:12 CEST 2004

Dear Prof. Peter Blaha and wien2k users,

For my case, Fe6C1(SG_162), the "symmetso" doesn't change the symmetry.
I tried your suggestions, but once the SO coupling included, the program
say: Energy to separate semicore and valencestates:-999.00000.

To yushan: I tried to set Fe-3s as core state, but I got worse results:
about 0.015 core charge leaks out of MT-sphere, and the QTL-B value is about
10 for the SP+SO calculation.

I want to attach the structure file and inst file of Fe6C1, hope someone
could help to solve the problem. Thanks.
Other parameters I used are as follows, besides the default values.
ENERGY to separate core and valence states: -7Ry.
RK=8.0
K points in full BZ: 1500.
mixer factor: 0.10
It takes about 50 minutes and one hour for one cycle on the Athlon XP3000+
machine for the SP and SP+SO calculation respectively.

Best regards,
Shunli Shang