[Wien] about w2web

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jun 3 10:39:59 CEST 2004

> Dear WIEN2K users and developers,
>          Today our SGI origin 3800 administrator found that there were hundreds of w2web
> running on it and the number was still increasing, costing too much system resorce. Before it
> we used it very well. Would you please tell me some reasons of this?

Are you using the latest version of w2web ?

I know that some older versions (WIEN2k_02 ?) had this problem, but since
Joachim has fixed this, I did not see it again.

(On the other hand we do not have an SGI anymore, so I cannot make any
statement in this respect. There could always be some problem with the
PERL of the SGI machine.)

Eventually, you should do a     ps -ef |grep w2web
from time to time and if there are too many w2web running, kill them
manually (kill pid   or kill -9 pid).