[Wien] Bandstructure calculation of Bi

Carrier, Pierre Pierre_Carrier at nrel.gov
Thu Jun 3 18:06:36 CEST 2004

Hi,

So, in order to get a spin-orbit band structure using the command line, at least the following procedure works (but probably not optimal) :

run_lapw -so
(( generate the bands in <case>.in1[c], and change INPUT file from 4 to 5, or use -band ))
x lapw1 [-c] -so [-band]
x lapwso -so               (I'm not totally sure about the necessity to put -so here, but it generates properly the <case>.energyso file you want)
x spaghetti -so           (don't forget the -so flag here, because it will read the <case>.energy file that also exists (because of the second step; x lapw1) and
                                 you will not get the SO bands from the <case>.energyso file you want to read ).

Good luck,
Ciao!
Pierre