[Wien] ifort (ifc) 8.0 and mkl 6.1

Veerle Vanhoof Veerle.Vanhoof at fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Jun 9 11:32:47 CEST 2004

Dear Wien2k user,

I have some problems with compiling wien2k with ifort8.0.
We use a 3.2 GHz P4, 512kB L2 with 400MHz. Compiling with ifc7.1 and mkl6.1
works fine, but the time we reach for the benchmark is 270s, while 228s
should be possible with ifort8.0 instead of ifc7.1.

Compiling with ifort8.0, mkl6.1 and following settings:

Current settings:
     O   Compiler options:        -FR -mp -w
     L   Linker
Flags:            -L../SRC_lib -L/opt/intel/mkl61/lib/32 -Vaxlib -static
     P   Preprocessor flags       '-DParallel'
     R   R_LIB (LAPACK+BLAS):     -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_ia32 -lguide -lpthread

resulted in a segmentation fault for the benchmark case.
As suggested in previous mails in the mailinglist and by Intel I tried
compiling with "limit stacksize unlimited" and

     L   Linker
Flags:            -L../SRC_lib -L/opt/intel/mkl61/lib/32 -Vaxlib -static-lib
cxa

linking all libraries except libcxa dynamically.
And with

    L   Linker
Flags:            -L../SRC_lib -L/opt/intel/mkl61/lib/32 -Vaxlib

Linking all libraries dynamically. But the segmentation fault remained.

Compiling with

    O   Compiler options:        -FR -mp -w -O0

to disable all optimizations didn't work either.

Since we use Suse Linux, we can't use the nptl-devel package which is an
alternative for Red Hat Linux 9 and
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0.

Did someone already succeed in compiling wien2k with ifort8.0 and mkl6.1 for
Suse Linux?
All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks a lot!

Veerle Vanhoof