[Wien] convergence failed!

Javad Hashemifar s_javad at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 07:17:20 CEST 2004

>     I have changed "set iter" and "set riter" in the runsp_lapw from 20 to
> 60, but the SCF still stops after running 20 cycles without reaching the
> convergence criterion requested.would you mind telling me what i should to
> resolve the problem?

you can increase the number of iterations very easily by using switch -i
without modifying runsp_lapw shell script :
for example "runsp_lapw -i 60 -cc 0.0001"

Regards

Javad Hashemifar

=====
Javad Hashemifar                                      phone : ++49-30-8413 4804
Permanent : Physics Department, Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran
Current : Fritz-Haber-Institut der MPG, Faradayweg 4-6, D-14195 Berlin, Germany
e-mails:  hashemi at fhi-berlin.mpg.de          &          hashemifar at ph.iut.ac.ir