[Wien] ifort (ifc) 8.0 and mkl 6.1

Jeff Spirko spirko at lehigh.edu
Wed Jun 23 15:23:59 CEST 2004

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 09:44:13AM +0200, Dariusz Chrobak wrote:
> >If I put the '-lg2c' option the compiler does not find it (libg2c.a).
> >Pablo de la Mora

> You should move libg2c.a library (or make link) to directly accessible
> (stored in PATH variable) directory, e.g. /usr//lib.
> If you do not have libg2c.a you should install package gcc-g77 (support
> for Fortran77 language).
> Dariusz Chrobak

The proper place to put libg2c.a depends on the system.  It is not,
however, in the PATH.  The compiler looks in /usr/lib and
directories specified with -L (like -L/usr/local/atlas/lib).

If the library is dynamic (ends with .so and no -static is used when
compiling), then the library must be in /usr/lib, somewhere
mentioned in /etc/ld.so.conf (Linux systems), or somewhere in
LD_LIBRARY_PATH (-L must still be used when compling).

--
Jeff Spirko   spirko at lehigh.edu   spirko at yahoo.com   WD3V   |=>

The study of non-linear physics is like the study of non-elephant biology.

All theoretical chemistry is really physics;
and all theoretical chemists know it. -- Richard P. Feynman