[Wien] about LoadLeveler

sayede adlane dft22000 at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 24 11:45:39 CEST 2004

Hi,
 ccmp at nju.edu.cn wrote:
> Dear Dr. A. Sayede
>

> Thank you very much for your reply!
>
> I try to use the
>
> Script for "loadleveler" (by sayede adlane
> (dft22000 at yahoo.fr))
>
> to do the k-point parallelization.
>
> But I not know how to configuration some parameters.
>
> 1)
>
> # @ preferences = (Machine == "bb5")
If you have multiple nodes (bb1, bb2, etc......) and
you want that loadlevler run your task on a particular
node (for example bb5). You have to specify the name
of this node in this line. For more details see the
help supplied with Loadlevler. Otherwise, I think that
you can erase this line (I am not sure).

> # @ requirements = (Arch == "R6000") && (OpSys ==
> "AIX51") && (Machine == "bb5")
requirements == Specifies the requirements which a
machine in the LoadLeveler cluster must meet to
execute any job steps :
Arch == Specifies the machine architecture on which
you want your job step to run. It describes the
particular kind of UNIX platform for which your
executable has been compiled. The default is the
architecture of the submitting machine (here is
IBMR6000).
Machine == Specifies the names of machines on which
you want the job step to run.
OpSys == Specifies the operating system on the machine
where you want your job step to run (here is UNIX
AIX51).

I think that you can erase this line (I am not sure).

> Could you please tell me how to set-up the above two
> parameter?
>

> 2)
>
> echo $LOADL_PROCESSOR_LIST > myhosts #
> _PROCESSOR_LIST where the job will be exec
>
> I don't know how to set-up the above sentences.

Dont edit or set-up this line.

> 3)
>
> export np=5;  #nbr of PROCESSORS = total_tasks
> export k1=35; #kpoint distribution, repeat until
> k$np
> export k2=35;
> export k3=35;
> export k4=35;
> export k5=35;
>
> What is 35?

np is the number of the processors that I want to use.
Each processor I attribute to him 35 k-point.

For exampel, if you have 43 k-point and you want to
use 4 processors, so you have :

export np=4;
export k1=11;
export k2=11;