[Wien] Monoclinic phase dielectric function calculation of HfO2

jcgarcia at if.usp.br jcgarcia at if.usp.br
Mon Mar 1 23:42:27 CET 2004

Dear Prof. P.Blaha and Wien users,

We are performing calculations of dielectric properties of HfO2. For cubic
(Fm3m) and tetragonal (P42/nmc) we have obtained the optical properties without
problem, but for the monoclinic  (P21/c)  phase we found difficulties. The real
part of dielectric function shows always the constant value 1.0 while imaginary
part is equal to 0.0 for any chosen range of energy. The program was suitable
configured for 12 atoms (the number of atoms in the primitive cell). The tried
number of k-points used was 30, after 67 and 92  (simmetrized points used in
the case.inop) and in none case we have obtained different results.

Please, do you have any suggestions for us?

Sincerely yours

Joelson Cott Garcia/J. R. Leite
Instituto de Física
Universidade de São Paulo
CP 66318, 05315-970 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
phone: 55-11-30916997
FAX: 55-11-30916831
E-mail: jcgarcia at macbeth.if.usp.br