[Wien] Cu(111) Surface State

Chiung-Yuan Lin cylin at buphy.bu.edu
Thu Mar 11 04:46:52 CET 2004

Dear Prof Blaha,
  Thanks for reminding about the thickness effect.
However, the case I am actually interested in is
to latter put dilute impurities on this surface,
and I think even a 5- or 7-layer slab can describe
the surface-state wavefunction near the impurities
fairly well (though become less accurate deeper into
the slab or vaccum). Do you agree?
  If WIEN can obtain these image potential states
accurately, how can I construct an appropriate slab?
Does (21-layer slab) + (8-layer vaccum) sounds OK?
Are there any other parameters I should tune besides
the thickness?

Chiung-Yuan