[Wien] problem with energy convergence

Steven Homolya steven.homolya at spme.monash.edu.au
Fri Mar 12 10:52:34 CET 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 07:14 pm, Marco Schowalter wrote:
> >>Also is it possible to continue the SCF calculations after 20 iterations.
>
> You can call run_lapw again. You then have further 20 iterations, Or you
> can call e.g. run_lapw -i 30. The -i Option
> allows you to enlarge the number of maximum iterations.

But remember to run save_lapw before rerunning run_lapw, e.g., run

save_lapw stage-1

before running run_lapw for the second time.

Steve

PS

I believe this is not made clear enough in the UG. I know there is notes to
the effect of "always save the calculation", but w/o much explanation. Maybe
a brief howto-continue SCF calculation section would help. Or an addition to
the FAQ and perhaps including an updated FAQ within SRC_usersguide_html with
each new release ...

--
Steven Homolya
School of Physics and Materials Engineering