[Wien] Anyone ever compiled with pessl before?

Vladimir Timochevski Vladimir.Timochevski at umontreal.ca
Fri Mar 19 16:51:56 CET 2004

Dear Chiung-Yuan,

We have here IBM-SP4 machine with PESSL, and we tried to compile a
parallel version.
Unfortunately, PESSL is not completely compatible with SCALAPACK (on the
MPI level). You need either to change the code yourself, or to compile
the standard SCALAPACK.
However, standard scalapack appeared to be not very efficient for IBM.

Good luck,
Vladimir.

Chiung-Yuan Lin wrote:

> Hi,
>   I post a question 3 days ago regarding compilation with pessl
> on IBM systems. If anyone has done parallel compilation on IBM
> systems using pessl, I appreciate very much if you can show me
> how to do it.
>
> Thank you
> Chiung-Yuan
> P.S. let me know in case you can't find my previous message.

Vladimir Timoshevskii
Departement de Physique, Universite de Montreal
C.P.6128, succ. Centre-Ville,
Montréal (Québec) Canada, H3C 3J7
Tel.: +1 (514) 343 611 - 4226
email: Vladimir.Timochevski at umontreal.ca